We are currently at: COVID-19 Orange Light
As of 11.59pm, 13th April 2022, Ormiston Town Centre are operating under the ‘Orange Light’ COVID-19 protection framework.
All stores are open and trading.
We want to ensure a safe shopping experience for you; so when visiting the Centre please do your part to slow the spread of COVID-19. Keeping our community safe is our priority.
Important information to know when visiting:
- Masks are required inside the Centre.
- There are no limits on capacity indoors or outdoors.
- The use of vaccination passes is not required for entry into the shopping Centre and retail businesses, however retailers have the option to opt-in to the use of vaccination passes.
- COVID Tracer QR codes for contact tracing will continue to be displayed and manual registers provided for those who wish to record their visit.
How can you do your part to slow the spread of COVID-19?
- Although not a requirement, consider physical distancing while shopping and when using play areas and restrooms.
- Please continue to wear a face covering when visiting the Centre (unless you have an exemption). Find out more here.
- Please stay home if you are sick, or have been a close contact of someone with COVID-19.
- Vaccinations are still available for free from Life Pharmacy. Find out more.
What is a Vaccine Pass?
- My Vaccine Pass is the official record of a person’s COVID-19 vaccination status for use in New Zealand. It is no longer mandatory for businesses to request this.
- However, individual businesses have the option to request My Vaccine Pass. If requested, they will scan the QR code on the My Vaccine Pass with the NZ Pass Verifier app. This app will confirm your vaccination status to the business. Businesses may also ask you to show ID to match it with the pass. Please note, only customers over the age of 12 are required to have a valid My Vaccine Pass. Businesses cannot accept a purple vaccination card or vaccination confirmation letter as proof of a customer’s vaccination status.
- Should you need assistance accessing My Vaccine Pass while at the Centre, Life Pharmacy can assist you with printing off a copy of your pass. Alternatively please visit the COVID-19 website for details. More info can be found here.
The ongoing health, wellbeing and safety of our customers, retail partners and staff is our priority and we will operate in line with the New Zealand COVID-19 Alert Levels and Government advice.
- Our cleaners will continue to undertake a rigorous hospital-grade cleaning, hygiene, and sanitisation regime more frequently and with particular focus on high-touchpoint surfaces such as bathrooms, handrails and lift buttons.
- Free hand sanitiser stations are located at each entry and at the Customer Services info desk.
We ask all our visitors to do their part including:
- Practice good hand hygiene
- Stay home if you are sick
- Wear a face covering within the Centre
- The Centre will continue to display COVID Contact Tracing QR codes and have manual sign-in registers provided for those who wish to record their visit
For the latest Government Updates and more information on COVID-19 please visit:
While it is no longer a requirement, the Centre has COVID Tracer QR code posters displayed at all main entrances and the Customer Service desk, for use with the Ministry of Health’s COVID Tracer app if you wish to check in. Some stores will also have their own official QR code displayed.
To find out more about the Ministry of Health COVID Tracer app at
Cleaning and Hygiene
We apply the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene practices across the Centre. We are committed to ongoing routine cleaning of frequently touched hard surfaces. Our retail partners are also expected to apply these same principles and standards to their cleanliness and hygiene.
We remind all customers to practice regular hand washing, use hand sanitiser and cover sneezes or coughs with your arm, not your hands. Single use hand sanitiser is available at the Customer Service desk and other locations around our Centre.