We are currently at COVID-19 Alert Level 3 – Essential Services & Contactless Click & Collect
Following the Government announcement Ormiston Town Centre is now operating at Alert Level 3.
Essential services remain open – New World, PAK’nSAVE and Life Pharmacy.
All other stores are closed.
Contactless Click and Collect options may be available from selected retailers. Please see individual store listing for details. Store hours may also vary. For details on Takeaway options click here.
At Alert Level 3 entry into the Centre is available at designated doors only. Entry is available via the Bellingham Road entrance or via the under-cover carpark (entry closest to New World). The under-cover carpark is accessible via Ormiston Road or Mahy Rd.
When exiting the Centre please use the exit next to Platypus heading out into the pedestrian Laneway, Bellingham Road or the underground exit next to The Linen House.
The Market and The Eatery doors will remain closed.
At Alert Level 3 the following measures are in place:
- 2 metre physical distancing is required.
- Please continue to wear a mask when visiting the Centre this is mandatory.
- Numbers of customers are limited in essential service stores- please be patient.
- Events are postponed.
- Cleaners will continue to undertake a rigorous hospital-grade cleaning, hygiene, and sanitisation regime more frequently and with particular focus on high-touchpoint surfaces such as handrails and lift buttons.
- At Ormiston Town Centre, keeping our community safe is our priority. When visiting the Centre for essential services or click and collect please practice good hygiene, stay home if you are sick and maintain social distancing.
- Free hand sanitiser stations are located at entries and at the Customer Services desk.
- Please wear a mask.
- The QR code for use with the Ministry of Health Covid Tracer app is displayed at each entry and we encourage you to track your visit to the Centre and individual stores. A manual register is also available.
- Cleaners will continue to undertake a rigorous hospital-grade cleaning, hygiene, and sanitisation regime more frequently and with particular focus on high-touchpoint surfaces such as bathrooms, handrails and lift buttons.
Location of Interest
The Ministry of Health has announced that Sonny Bakery on Bellingham Rd was a location of interest after a confirmed case visited the store on Saturday 2 October at 12:33pm-1pm. If you visited on this date and time please isolate and check the Ministry of Health website for more details and advice. Find out more here.
The Ministry of Health has announced that PAK’nSAVE Ormiston was a location of interest after a confirmed case visited the store on Friday 1 October at 3:40pm-5:30pm and also Thursday 14 October 10:15am-11am. If you visited on this date and time please isolate and check the Ministry of Health website for more details and advice. Find out more here.
We apply the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene practices across the Centre. The increased focus on cleaning and sanitising frequently touched areas within the Centre is ongoing to ensure the safety and well-being of our community.
The ongoing health, wellbeing and safety of our customers, retail partners and staff is our priority and we will operate in line with the New Zealand COVID-19 Alert Levels and Government advice.
We ask all our visitors to do their part including:
- Sign-in when visiting the Centre and our stores using the COVID Contact Tracing QR codes or manual sign-in registers provided
- Practice good hand hygiene
- Stay home if you are sick
For the latest Government Updates and more information on COVID-19 please visit:
The Centre has COVID Tracer QR code posters displayed at all main entrances and the Customer Service desk, for use with the Ministry of Health’s COVID Tracer app. Some stores will also have their own official QR code displayed. We encourage you to please check in when visiting the Centre.
To find out more about the Ministry of Health COVID Tracer app at
Cleaning and Hygiene
We apply the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene practices across the Centre. We are committed to ongoing routine cleaning of frequently touched hard surfaces. Our retail partners are also expected to apply these same principles and standards to their cleanliness and hygiene.
We remind all customers to practice regular hand washing, use hand sanitiser and cover sneezes or coughs with your arm, not your hands. Single use hand sanitiser is available at the Customer Service desk and other locations around our Centre.