We understand the importance of, and are committed to protecting your privacy. We operate in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the privacy of the personal information that we collect, use and disclose, provide access to and store securely.
If you would like more information about privacy in general, please refer to the Privacy Commissioner’s website: privacy.org.nz
Collection Of Information
The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- your name, contact details (including email) and date of birth;
- details from your Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn or other public profile page details on social media;
- your vehicle licence plate number, as well as vehicle location and movements on our property and the public areas which we have visibility of;
- your location and movements on our property and the public areas which we have visibility of;
- details from your phone conversations with our staff (which may be recorded);
- other information we are authorised to collect from retailers and other businesses that operate within our property; and
- details from your written communications with us (whether electronic or otherwise).
Methods Of Collection
We may collect information about you when:
- you access and use of the Website, social media or mobile applications;
- you use mobile, third party or WiFi services and applications within the centre;
- you visit the Ormiston Town Centre or car parks (please be aware we collect some information through video and camera surveillance);
- you enter competitions or subscribe to our email or mobile services and newsletters;
- you hire services such as mobility aids or other equipment from the Ormiston Town Centre;
- you purchase, redeem, or otherwise use a centre gift cards;
- you communicate with us via telephone, email or facsimile, or otherwise (whether physically or electronically);
- you submit an application form relating to a proposed tenancy or the provision of services as a supplier or contractor; or
- we collect your personal information we are authorised to collect from retailers and other businesses operating within our property.
How We Use Your Information
- to help us research, analyse, improve, manage, administer and facilitate our services and operations and those of our business partners;
- to process transactions;
- to prevent, detect, investigate and analyse incidents and offences on our property and properties we manage.;
- for our internal purposes (such as risk management, staff training and billing);
- for our marketing purposes, including to prepare and provide marketing information & advertising for Ormiston Town Centre, our retailers, products and services and those of our related companies including details of offers, events, activities, promotions and other information relating to the Ormiston Town Centre. We will only send you newsletters by email or promotional text messages if we have your consent.; or
- any other purpose which is stated to you when your information is collected or that you otherwise authorise.
Storage of Information
We may hold personal information as secure physical records, electronically on our intranet system, in cloud storage or on third party servers.
We have a range of physical, procedural and technical security policies and procedures in place to provide safe and robust security of your information including disposal of personal information. We regularly review these policies and procedures to ensure the on-going adequacy of these measures.
We use reasonable endeavours to ensure that all personal information is securely protected against loss, unauthorised access and other misuse. We will destroy or de-identify personal information we hold once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
Disclosure of Information
To the extent permitted by law, we may share the personal information you have provided us with:
- services providers we engage in connection with the management of the centre, including maintaining the security of the premises;
- contract marketing organisations to inform and support our promotional and marketing strategies (including research and profiling);
- any of our related companies;
- Colliers International New Zealand Limited as the manager of Ormiston Town Centre;
- any other third party (on a strictly as-needed basis) if such disclosure is required to facilitate the sale, disposal, assignment or transfer of the ownership of Ormiston Town Centre or any of its assets; and
- third parties connected with the management or operation of Ormiston Town Centre including visitors, contractors to the property, third parties, insurers, service providers and retailers.
Except as set out in this policy, or where required or permitted by law, we will not disclose your personal information to any other person or agencies.
You authorise us to disclose information we have collected from CCTV video or photographs or automatic number plate recognition cameras at our properties and properties we manage to law enforcement agencies to the extent permitted (or required) by law.
In all circumstances we will take reasonable steps to ensure that where your personal information is disclosed to a third party, that third party only uses your personal information to the extent necessary to perform the function the information was provided for and in accordance with applicable New Zealand legislation.
Protection, Access and Correction of Information
In all circumstances we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate.
You have the right at any stage to ask for access to any personal information we hold about you and to ask for it to be updated or corrected. We will respond to any request fro you to correct personal information held about you as soon as practicable following receipt of such request.
We ask you take measures to protect your own information by using suitable virus protection and always closing your browsers on completion of sessions (especially when using a public
Please contact us immediately should you be concerned that someone has gained access to your personal information or we have breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights. We are happy to discuss any issues with you.